Conference-Info and Resources
- Online giving to YOUR church through AWFUMC - Click here
- April 21 - Bishop Graves Links for:
- “Leading Beyond the Blizzard.” This article encourages us to begin to think about our current situation more broadly and to prepare for a new start. Click here for the article.
- "24 Questions Your Church Should Answer Before People Return" - This article poses questions that need to be considered before a church reopens. Click here for the article.
- Alabama-West Florida Conference Responds to Financial Needs of Local Churches Due to COVID-19 - Click here
- AWF Conference COVID-19 Resource Page - Click here (i.e. preparedness info, worship & communication tools, online giving, etc.)
- How to support Eric Soard and the ministry in Tanzania - Click here
- 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt Letter - GCFA Group Ruling Request Website
A United Methodist local church may need to provide evidence of its 501(c)(3) status as part of the application process for a Paycheck Protection Program loan made available by the CARES Act, other financial assistance available pursuant to the CARES Act or future economic stimulus legislation. If all of the information generated through the site is accurate, you may obtain a letter in about 5 minutes. If some information is incorrect, submit a comment to have that information corrected. (Unless a change is needed leave the comment field blank to prevent a delay) While an inclusion letter from GCFA does verify that a local church is a 501(c)(3) organization, it does not preclude the possibility that some banks may ask for different supporting documentation or may not understand the significance of the documentation. IRS Publication 4573 provides important information about the meaning of an organization being included in a group exemption ruling. Providing a copy of Publication 4573 may be helpful in educating the bank, or other relevant entity. That publication is available here: https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/group-exemption-resources